Tuesday, December 3, Marquette County UW-Extension hosted a webinar overview of what the Affordable Care Act means for farms, both as small employers and the self-employed. Some of the topics covered included:
- How the Affordable Care Act has changed our health insurance system
- A look at the costs for farm families looking to purchase their own insurance
- Which businesses will be required to purchase health insurance for their employees
- How do small businesses determine the costs to purchase health insurance for their employees?
- The tax implications of the Affordable Care Act for families purchasing their own insurance and small businesses purchasing insurance for their employees
A recording of the webinar can be viewed at: Farm Families & the Affordable Care Act (links out to a new page). Additional resources mentioned in the webinar can be found below.